Accountable Digital is currently seeking a Digital Media Strategist to join our Digital Media Team. This position is based in our Rochester, NY headquarters. While we will consider remote employees for this position, preference will be provided to candidates in Western NY and surrounding areas who have the ability to attend quarterly in-person meetings and events.
Accountable Digital, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Insurance, 401k (with employer match), Paid Time Off, Holidays and more.
Digital Media Strategist
The Digital Media Strategist (DMS) role is for an experienced marketing professional well versed in planning/buying multiple digital media types. The DMS has the ability to effectively analyze and interpret market conditions, conduct industry research, and apply deductions to a media plan recommendation that drives desired business results. The DMS works with input from the client-facing Engagement team to develop said plans. In addition, the DMS is responsible for digital media campaign management, coordination of timelines and project deliverables, as well providing insights regarding campaign effectiveness. As needed, the DMS may be involved in a support role for strategy and results presentations to clients.
The Digital Media Strategist is a member of the Accountable Digital Media Team – a group focused on the day-to-day management of digital media project initiatives, strengthening vendor and partner relationships, and expertise in digital media platforms.
- Has a deep understanding of different media types, and can clearly and effectively execute media recommendations/plans/strategies
- Pulls and analyzes research from appropriate media resources to help inform media strategy and recommendations
- Understands how media tactics are best utilized specific to different client goals (awareness, response, etc.)
- Seeks out alternative media types/solutions and offers points of view with limited supervision
- Plays an active role in the day to day management of plan execution
- Proactively reads the trades relative to new opportunities and media trends; applies conceptual and out of the box thinking towards projects and initiatives; all while adhering to client objectives
Negotiation & Placement
- Has advanced knowledge of and experience with core industry tools and platforms that lend to the planning process and management of paid digital media campaigns
- Effectively negotiates and places media
- Ensures plans include any tracking and analytics necessary to track/report key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with media vendors and partners on project-related initiatives
- Executes media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines
- Works independently within the systems and acts as a resource for training others
- Fiscally responsible as it pertains to the management of client budgets
- Analyzes and communicates campaign performance against determined KPIs, using data to optimize campaigns and produce recommendations, with no supervision
- Responsible for the on-time, final delivery of all buys
- Identifies and resolves vendor billing discrepancies as needed
- Gathers, analyzes, and prepares competitive research. May conduct market analysis, trends, and market-specific opportunities derived from market data and research
- Stays up to date on latest industry trends; actively incorporating trends into media programs via shifts in media mix, platform types, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, obtaining certifications, etc.
- Prepares reports for digital media campaigns
- Uses digital marketing tools to provide ROI analysis of digital media campaigns against defined KPIs
- University degree or college diploma in business, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a digital media planning/buying
- Experience with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, Google Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads, Bionic-Ads a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of digital marketing and business processes
- Strong project management, business writing, and reporting skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including business intelligence and reporting software
- Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills
Next Position Opportunities:
- Senior Digital Media Strategist (SDMS): This role is for a marketing professional with 5 – 7 years’ of media experience. The SDMS takes a lead role in media strategy development and execution for clients utilizing multiple media channels.
- Digital Media Supervisor: Management and oversight of Digital Media team staff, including responsibility of team time and resource management. Also oversees definition of service offerings and responsibilities.